The new Crossville Town Council met tonight for the very first time. A new mayor, three new councilmembers, and two incumbents were sworn in by Judge Ronnie Osbourne.
The new Council and Mayor also recognized the hard work of former mayors Roger “Dino” Richards and Vicky C. Stone, and former councilmember, Jeff Simpson.
Afterwards, Crossville’s new mayor, Tera Fortenberry, called the short meeting to order. Councilmember Brad Hood led the Pledge of Allegiance and Councilmember Nelson Ferrell led the invocation.
- Mayor Fortenberry recommended Councilmember Bryan Ray for the position Mayor Pro Tem. He was unanimously confirmed for the position.
- Debbie Stepleton, Chris West, Danny White, and Pat Tate were all reappointed as Town Clerk, Police Chief, Fire Chief, and Town Attorney, respectively.
Mayor Fortenberry made her department appointments as well.
- Fire Department – Connie Brothers
- Finance Department – Nelson Ferrell
- Recreation Department – Brad Hood
- Police Department – Bryan Ray
- Street Department – Samantha Morton
The next Town Council meeting is November 21, 2016 at 6:30 P.M. We also encourage everyone to attend the upcoming Christmas parade on December 10, 2016 at 5 P.M.