In their penultimate meeting before the upcoming municipal elections, the Crossville Town Council achieved quite a few successes.
Mayor Vicky C. Stone called the meeting to order with the Pledge of Allegiance and a brief prayer. The minutes from the previous council meeting were approved and there was no old business to attend to.
Under new business:
- Mayor Stone read a statement certifying that only one person has qualified for each of the first four places on our Town Council in the upcoming elections. Thus, these four people will be duly elected to the seats they qualified for. These people are: Nelson Ferrell (place 1), Brad Hood (place 2), Samantha Morton (place 3), and Bryan Ray (place 4).
- All election materials were passed between the councilors for their signing and all election officials were unanimously approved.
- The upcoming municipal elections will be held on August 23, 2016. If a runoff election is needed, it will take place on October 4, 2016.
- The Town of Crossville adopted and approved the new social media policy and those policies will be available soon on crossvillealabama.com!
- We will be redoing the door at the park storage building to make it more accessible to both vehicles that need to stored inside.
- State Rep. Becky Nordgren and State Sen. Phil Williams have both given the Town of Crossville $5000 each towards the new park lawnmower and a gated basketball court!
- Sales tax revenues are on an uphill climb.
- We had a very successful year with the pool, and it is now closed.
UPDATE: Check under our How Do I section on crossvillealabama.com to see the official statewide policy on golf cart riding on the sidewalk.
Thank you to everyone who came out to the meeting tonight. The next Town Council meeting will be August 15, 2016 at 6:30 P.M.